Monday, February 27, 2017

I Finally Did It!!

After having my Silhouette Cameo for almost 2 years now, and being petrified of that silly little machine, last night I bit the bullet!  I pulled up a YouTube video on how to use it, watched that whole thing and then proceeded to make A2 File Folders that I plan to  store my embossing folders in.  I managed to get 12 done for the large folders and now have to emboss them so I know which embossing folder is on the inside. At first I thought I was in trouble because I had bought 8.5x11 paper at Michael's in shades of Pink and it didn't look like the file was going to fit the paper.  But after turning the file around (I was so proud of myself after figuring that out!) I was able to get one file folder out of one piece of cardstock. Whew!!!

After that I felt pretty confident, and since I have downloaded a ton of Silhouette files, I decided to make a quick card.  I was impressed with the intricate cuts the Cameo made and so was my husband.  I have a feeling when I get back from IA Sunday, I'll be giving this machine a good workout to make up for all of the time it sat there intimidating me! LOL! I'm working on 3 wedding albums so I'll be cutting out lots of wedding item files ahead of time and then adding them to the albums as I go along.  

I am so glad I finally tackled this obstacle - and am really embarrassed to have been afraid to use it! I do have 2 Cricut machines after all and it turned out to not be much different from those. And of course the YouTube video helped a lot also :)

Also, just and FYI - I won't be posting again until Sunday, March 5.  I have an appointment with my oncologist in Iowa and won't be up to playing or posting.  So until Sunday, I hope everyone has a Scrappy Happy Week! 

Joyce




File Folders for my Embossing folders in various shades of Pink

My very first card made with my Silhouette Cameo.  It's no glued down very well bu I was impressed with the cuts it made!

No comments: