Friday, February 17, 2017

Happy Friday!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Friday.  I'm stuck here in bed with either a cold or allergies - I'm not sure which but hoping I'll feel better by tomorrow.  So how many of you have used Wink of Stella Glitter Brushes by ZIG?  I used them for the first time Wednesday at the Card Cafe and immediately fell in LOVE!!!  I came right home, logged into Amazon and found 2 sets I thought I'd like, and ordered them.  Well guess what came in today's mail?!  Yes, my new Wink of Stella Brushes.  

The sets I ordered were Elegant and White Christmas.  The Elegant set contains Glitter Silver, Glitter Clear and Glitter Black. The White Christmas Set  contains Glitter White, Glitter Red and Glitter Dark Green. I followed the directions for priming them and getting them going without any problems and they flow very smoothly. The Red is not a deep red, just red. The Dark Green has somewhat of a gold shimmer to it, which I really like. And the White is very opaque.  In fact I think you would have to go over whatever you are using it on more than once to get it show. The Black was really nice except my tip had a hair at the end that was longer the the rest of the brush but a snip of the scissors took care of that. The Silver was, well, Silver and nice.  But my favorite is the Clear.  You could use the Clear on anything you want to give some shimmer to. I can see that I'll be ordering more Clear pens than any of the other colors. 

Speaking of other colors....These Wink of Stella Brushes come in quite a few more colors, both alone and in 3 packs on Amazon.  I've already got a wish list of these fun brushes.  

I'm adding a picture of a tag I used the brushes on to show how the colors actually show up.  Unfortunately it's really hard to get a good angle that shows all the shimmers. But hopefully this will help everyone get an idea of what these fun brushes will do. By the way, please excuse my coloring out of the lines on the tag! It's hard to color and sneeze all at the same time! 

If you order the 3 pack brushes, this is how they come.

I was able to use all 6 colors on this one tag.  The Silver outlines the bubble, the White is drawn over the red around the bubble, I used the Red on the word Magic, the Dark Green on Christmas, Black on the small words and the Clear I used over the Believe since I didn't order a gold brush.  Not too bad for a first try. 


Have a scrappy weekend. I'll be back on Monday!
Joyce

No comments: