Friday, February 17, 2017

Monthly Card Cafe Fun

Wednesday was Card Cafe day at my friend, Jeanne's house. She's a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and holds Card Cafes twice a month (this month she's holding a third one - YAY for me!)  Her Facebook page is listed to the left under my Favorite Sites if you're local to South Haven and would like join in the fun.  Anyway,  I always look forward to going to these but last month I was sick and had to miss.  Luckily for me she had leftovers so I tried my best to get last month's cards done AND this month's. But 17 cards was too many for even me.  I did manage to get 9 cards completed and I really like how they all turned out. I'll get the other ones done at her third cafe this month.  The thing I like most about these cafe's are that I get to use stamps that I would NEVER consider buying and then find out that I really do like them! The other thing I like is that she teaches us new techniques and even though I've been stamping for almost 30 years, there are always new techniques coming out and even this old dog has learned some new tricks :)

 My favorite cards from Wednesday's cafe  are the dancing ladies, the card with the bokah background and the dragonfly card. I will definitely be ordering the Dancing Ladies Stamps, the Bokah paper pack and the thinlit used to make the delicate strip across the middle of he Bokah card. It might be cheaper if I just signed up to be a Stampin'Up Demonstrator! LOL! So here are the cards I finished. Feel free to let me know which ones are your favorites.  I know we all have different tastes so please let me hear from you.



That' basically all for today. Tomorrow it's back down o the scrapbook room to keep organizing it. It's really taking shape and I'm so happy about that. Soon I can stamp and scrap in my own little room! Til next time!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!
Joyce

No comments: